Sunday, April 29, 2007

Jensenfest: The Early Years


Aunt Lauren (see below) took this photo of us on the South Shore of Seattle's beautiful Discovery Park. We're not starting a band but if we were, this would be our album cover. George was here too (see Nancy's right hand).

This would be the cover of the ghost-written tell-all biography of EXS' book:


And this would be her comeback album cover after having a successful turn on that VH1 show where they have celebrities from 15 years ago in a house living together. What's that show again? Not that Flava Flav one, yeesh, I don't even want to think about that. The one where Christopher Knight hooked up with America's Next Hot Model from a few years ago... Jose Canseco and that crazy old model were on it too.



And then this is just a cute photo of her in the sink. Nancy came up with the brilliant idea of trying the sink. A little back story. EXS hates getting clean. She would scream and shoot daggers at us. If looks could kill, we'd be lying on the floor, we'd be begging please please baby don't hurt us no more: but only if looks could kill. Fortunately, they can just make you feel kind of bad inside. And then you can talk about it, and then it's okay.

I figured "she hates it no matter what. We might as well use a hose." But Nancy was right and baths are a pleasure to behold and she seems to dig being in the sink. And then she pees on me.

4 comments:

eric_metoyer said...

oh man, the classic 'baby in the sink photo'. you'll pull that snap out 15 yrs from now, when the first boyfriend (flava flav, 25 cent) shows up.
hey, i recognize that sink... isn't that where i get my coffee mug!!!???

dfcwrites said...

Hi Nancy and Andy and Welcome EXS!

Eric just told me about your newest family member. Although awhile back you mentioned in a card that you'd be off to China soon to get your daughter. Congratulations! She's beautiful and so is her name. I wish you all mucho happiness.

Her birthday is May 14th, huh? Tell her Dee says May is a great month for b-days. As I write this I am 36 weeks pregnant and due to deliver baby boy, Joseph Cole Franklin-Campbell on 5/23 [or sooner is my ob takes mercy on me and my swollen limbs]. Miles and Fred are ready, too. And only 5 days before my 43rd b-day.
Nancy, I don't think I've ever seen you happier. This mom-hood is very cool.
cheers!

Unknown said...

sounds like Auntie Lauren was very busy while in Seattle

JJisafool said...

GoodGodAlmight but that is a cute kid! Congrats on the family expansion and the joy she is obviously bringing.