Thursday, February 1, 2007

We're going!

We heard from Elizabeth Rose at WACAP (our agency) that we will need to be in Changsha to pick up the baby on March 5. So we're going! We'll probably leave here around Feb 28, go hang out in Hong Kong (my brother Peter's recommendation,) fly into Changsha on Mar 4, get the baby on Mar 5, get to Guangzhou by Mar 12 and fly back to Seattle Mar 14.

We'll know for sure early next week. Meanwhile, that's the latest as I get the baby's room ready, and focus on all the household tasks that need tending to before she arrives. These include putting shelves in the baby's closet, getting the rugs cleaned and repaired, putting plug covers into outlets, wrapping up loose electrical cords.

Oh, and we have to buy a car. In 3 weeks. We're not ready!

5 comments:

Nikki said...

You ARE ready!!!! All the details will come together...it always feels like you're scrambling towards the end...
But that is such exciting news.
It really will not be long now--I am thrilled for your family.

Steffie B. said...

I can't wait to see another Pingjiang baby come home! I'll be watching for more updates daily! ;)

Emmie said...

I found your blog through my mom (Steffie b) and love ready it! Oh, I'm so happy for you! I remember the feeling of having so much to do before we went to go get Sophia! It just hardly seems like there's enough time in the day! Hang in there, everything will be OK!

Emmie said...

Sorry- a couple spelling errors! *reading not ready! opps

Truly Blessed said...

I just posted on the previous post, and I also got your blog addy from "steffie b." (I'm linked on her site as "Katie").

I see you're from near Seattle...so is my sister who came with us to China when we brought Katie home! She'll love following your story (hope it's okay that I tell her where to find you!). She's known as K1 in blogland.

Don't worry, you'll get it all done in time and what you forget to pack, you'll buy in China. EVERYTHING is available in China!

It won't be long! Yippee!